Building Profilactic

Profilactic is a social media aggregator/lifestreaming service that pulls together just about everything you and your friends create online. This blog chronicles the processing of building it.

Monday, November 13, 2006

TechCrunch wants Profilactic
OK, that title may be a *little* (OK, a lot) misleading, but let's continue anyway.

Today, Marshall Fitzpatrick over at TechCrunch compares Multiply to Vox. Near the end of his article, he says:

"Lately I’ve taken to framing questions about data export and identity standards as rights questions. I own rights on my data; I want to be able to easily and quickly take it with me from one social network to another. If I want to have a single login across those different networks and perhaps even have multiple personas (personal, professional) then I ought to be able to do so. No one is doing all of that well, but I expect consumers to demand all of it in time."

Well, that's actually one of the goals of Profilactic. We want to make the management of your various profiles easy.

While many of the features in our first phase will be about account set up and aggregation, the second phase will definitely be all about profile/identity management. Because as Marshall correctly points out, it is your data and you should be able to easily take it with you.
Comments:
Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Contact Us

feedback at profilactic dot com