Building Profilactic

Profilactic is a social media aggregator/lifestreaming service that pulls together just about everything you and your friends create online. This blog chronicles the processing of building it.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Assembling the team
Having worked for an online media company for the past 7 years, I've had the opportunity to work with some really good engineers. After the dot com crash in 2001, many of them ended up at different companies around town. Fortunately, we all stayed in touch via an e-mail list.

So when I finally decided to actually do something with this Profilactic idea, I knew where to look. I sent an e-mail to our list looking for volunteers and, within a day of posting a very vague request for engineers willing to work for free, I had 5 or 6 people willing to help.

We eventually settled into a solid group of 4 -- me and 3 senior-level engineers.

I do the design and basic tech production (HTML/CSS) while they did all of the hard stuff like deciding what technology platforms to use, setting up servers and writing all of the code.
Comments:
Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Contact Us

feedback at profilactic dot com