Building Profilactic

Profilactic is a social media aggregator/lifestreaming service that pulls together just about everything you and your friends create online. This blog chronicles the processing of building it.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Gearing up for beta
The team has been humming along really well for the past couple of weeks, so we have decided to set a goal of "Fall" for us to have a beta site up and running. So that means we could have something live tomorrow... or 4 days before Christmas.

Of course, being really eager to start telling people about what we haven't completely built yet, I decided to work on the launch plan: setting up this blog, building a landing page and e-mail form to get beta volunteers, crafting our marketing plan, etc.

I wasn't planning on pushing anything live until we had a better idea of when we would have the beta site ready. However, I was so excited that I actually got the cgi e-mail form working (I don't code, so I get excited about anything I do that isn't HTML and CSS) that I left the page up. Of course, since I linked to this blog in the landing page, I also had to build the blog template and start posting some stuff.

So in reality, a private beta is a few weeks away. However, it will be nice to have a group of volunteers already lined up when we flip the switch.

If you want to help us out, sign up for the beta.
Comments:
Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Contact Us

feedback at profilactic dot com