Building Profilactic

Profilactic is a social media aggregator/lifestreaming service that pulls together just about everything you and your friends create online. This blog chronicles the processing of building it.

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Updated support for StumbleUpon
Wanted to let everyone know that we have updated our support for StumbleUpon to include RSS. See, SU was site #67 here on Profilactic. At the time we originally added them, they didn't support RSS.

After reading missangelyss' blog post about Profilactic, I realized it was time to add their RSS feeds.

If you already have StumbleUpon in your Profilactic lifestream, go to "My Tools > Set up my lifestream" to remove then re-add it. This will make sure you get the latest support for StumbleUpon RSS.
Comments:
That's great, thanks.

May I suggest some other site that is already supported but without RSS feeds?

- Dopplr (start and end of a trip are sent to the Facebook minifeed);
- Streem;
- Facebook status and photos (as in Lifestream.fm).

And since we're here, Plurk is getting very popular (especially with twitter's problems) and Share on Ovi is the new service powered by Nokia. Can you add them too?

Thanks!
F
I'll check those services and see if we can get them updated.

As for Plurk, we added them earlier in the week.

I'll also check out Ovi and let you know.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Owow! I'm glad to be the impetus for a change I was so wanting.

It's wonderful to see how well you keep on top of what your users want. I did indeed try out several of the lifestreaming services but Profilactic has been my favorite by far. And the added SU support boosts it just that much further up.
Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Contact Us

feedback at profilactic dot com