Building Profilactic

Profilactic is a social media aggregator/lifestreaming service that pulls together just about everything you and your friends create online. This blog chronicles the processing of building it.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Almost two years in
When I tell people about the history of Profilactic and the idea behind, I always have a hard time remembering exactly when it all got started.

I had the idea for a little while before settling on the name and registering the domain; however, I never remember when that was off the top of my head.

Today, I got a reminder e-mail from Go Daddy saying that Profilactic.com was set to expire on March 17, 2008. Because I'm really quick with math, I was able to figure out that I had registered the domain on March 17, 2006.

It's hard to believe we've been at this for 2 years. We were doing "social media aggregation" before anyone had adopted that term. Heck, we were doing it before many people had heard of "digital lifestyle aggregator" (that was the buzzword that preceded "social media aggregation").

Will be interesting to see what the next couple of years hold considering the influx of aggregators over the past year.
Comments:
Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Blog Archive

Contact Us

feedback at profilactic dot com